Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Goodbye, old friend

So this is it. The end of our long-lasting and symbiotic relationship. You've been with me through good times and bad. You've comforted me when I was upset, nervous, depressed, and confused. You've shared in my hobbies, my activities, and many drunken evenings with friends. You were the first one I ran to when I woke up and the last to say goodnight to me before bed. Because of your companionship, I made a lot of great friends who I may not have met without you.
However, our time together has now come to an end. I'm sorry, but I need more from life than what you can offer. This is both melancholy and liberating at the same time for me. Don't worry about me, though. You'll find someone else who needs you like I did in the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I will miss you. Being without you will be quite difficult for a while, but I'll get used to not having you in my life. This is something I need to do for myself. I need to move on, Mr. Cigarette. It has been fun, but you can no longer provide what I need. This is where our paths must diverge.

Goodbye tobacco,

Wolf

Blogged with Flock

No comments: