Wednesday, January 9, 2008

ProBlogger

Blog Tips to Help You Make Money Blogging - ProBlogger

Huh. This blogging thing is far more mainstream than even I imagined. It seems some people take it a tad too far though. Here's a chunk of the "featured post" on this site right now titled, "Don't Just Have a Blog - Learn to Think Like a Blogger".

"In my early days of blogging the process was far less natural. I sometimes forget how challenging it was - but when I force myself to think back:
  • I remember a period where I had to set an alarm on my phone to remind myself to post
  • I remember times where I’d sit down to write an nothing would come
  • I remember times where I’d write and rewrite posts and then hit delete - not publishing anything at all
  • I remember at times being quite structured in setting myself goals (posting targets, the number of comments I wanted to write on other people’s blogs etc
  • I remember times where it would take me hours to come up with a satisfactory opening line to a post or where I’d write 20 or so titles before finding one I liked
  • I remember struggling to find my ‘voice’ - wondering if I should be more professional, more personal, use humor, write as an expert etc

This process wasn’t always easy and as I think about it I realize that what I was doing in these early days was as much working on my mindset as I was working on my writing skills."

Setting an alarm to remind him to post on a blog?? Come on! Ya know, maybe I just don't get it. Perhaps I'm reaching an age where new trends in our society just make no sense to me. I remember my mother didn't understand the appeal of video games, just as I don't really understand the appeal of blogs.

I am, however determined to "get it". I'm making this my delayed New Year's Resolution. I'm going to grasp the appeal of blogging. =P



No comments: