Last night I got a new tattoo. Well, sort of. I made the tough call to cover up my pentacle/triple goddess tattoo. I feel that I no longer need the visual proof of my beliefs. I'm comfortable and confident enough with myself that I don't need to re-affirm it to myself everytime I look in the mirror. Also, the fact that all of my immediate and extended family are extreme Christians. I don't want to be labeled by my beliefs before they even get to know me. I may have sold out a bit, but I think in the end, it's for the best.
Plus, I feel that although I no longer need to remind myself of my Wiccan beliefs, I feel like I do need to re-affirm my commitment to the spirit of the wolf. The wolf symbolizes everything that I aspire to be. Over time, I've been drifting away from the wolf within myself. The wolf is a pack creature. His strength is in numbers. In his family. I have little to no connection to my family, despite my many opportunities to get to know more of them. I've made up the excuse for a long time that I'm a "lone wolf". I now realize this is incorrect. It would be more accurate to say that I'm a "lonely wolf". The wolf is tenacious. Never say die. Fight till the end. The wolf does not quit. I did. I gave up. I quit my Group Dynamics class. I've made up many reasons for why it was "too difficult" or why I "didn't have the time", but the simple fact is that I quit. I've disgraced the spirit of the wolf by my actions.
These are the reasons I needed to replace my pentacle with another wolf tattoo. And as an addition, this new one is rather large and detailed. I felt I deserved the excruciating pain involved in getting something so large on my chest. From this day forth, I will live up to the name the wolf has allowed me to use.
Plus, I feel that although I no longer need to remind myself of my Wiccan beliefs, I feel like I do need to re-affirm my commitment to the spirit of the wolf. The wolf symbolizes everything that I aspire to be. Over time, I've been drifting away from the wolf within myself. The wolf is a pack creature. His strength is in numbers. In his family. I have little to no connection to my family, despite my many opportunities to get to know more of them. I've made up the excuse for a long time that I'm a "lone wolf". I now realize this is incorrect. It would be more accurate to say that I'm a "lonely wolf". The wolf is tenacious. Never say die. Fight till the end. The wolf does not quit. I did. I gave up. I quit my Group Dynamics class. I've made up many reasons for why it was "too difficult" or why I "didn't have the time", but the simple fact is that I quit. I've disgraced the spirit of the wolf by my actions.
These are the reasons I needed to replace my pentacle with another wolf tattoo. And as an addition, this new one is rather large and detailed. I felt I deserved the excruciating pain involved in getting something so large on my chest. From this day forth, I will live up to the name the wolf has allowed me to use.
No comments:
Post a Comment